Lessons I’ve learned since I don’t have to commute any more:
1) Amazon Prime saves time and gas.
2) Amazon Prime makes it too easy to rationalize lots of small immediate purchases that would otherwise get consolidated into larger batch purchases over a time span long enough to reconsider necessary versus nice.
3) Kindle for PC makes it so easy to investigate new authors that it is becoming a slow leak in my wallet. On the other hand, I don’t have to find shelf space for my leisure reading.
4) Kindle for PC could really benefit from a way to organize a user’s library by author, series, with tags to indicate the sequence of a volume within a series.
5) Kindle for PC is convenient for reading any document that can be converted to mobi format. I use the calibre open source ebook reader to convert from rtf to mobi.